Monday, April 14, 2008

Good Old Roubaix

Harris that is. Alena pointed out to me earlier this week that this was the first year in 6 years that she hasn't taken the line for this event. I missed having her out there - but I will also use this opportunity to give a shout out of congratulations to Alena and Dean on their recent engagement. So I took to the line without my perrenial teammate - or any teammate for that matter...and it was a little frustrating to say the least.

I ended the day in 2nd by winning the field sprint after some good strong teamwork from Giant placed Steph Roorda off the front solo. There was an absence of horsepower in the pack and so a good deal of the chasing was left to yours truly. I have found a few fun pics - but I'm giving super props to Jono's mom for this super pro looking photo.

Needless to say, I'm looking forward to hooking up with the rest of the VKats down in Georgia next week - SE crits here we come!

No comments: